Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Memorial for my Father


My Dad's headstone is now in place in the Lindon cemetery in Utah.

My sister-in-law Wendy and Niece Melanie made these programs for the funeral.  So thoughtful and loving.  It will be remembered always.


My Dad served in WWII and was honored with a 21 gun salute.  This was especially touching when preceded by Tapps on the bugle.

8 Grandsons were the pall bearers.

My fathers uniform for the army and dog tags.  A picture of his family.  50th wedding anniversary pictures.  A bowl my father made on his lathe.  Another bowl he made. A poem written by the Godwin family whom my Father home taught.  Statues from Ron.  A name plate Ken had made for Dad while on Ken's mission to the Philippines.  A wedding picture and the autobiography my Dad wrote.  Another table displayed his tools.  My Father was a beautiful craftsmen.  He could make anything with wood form furniture to houses.

All our children came to the funeral.  Left: Sarah, Jake, Elise, Me,  Brent,  Brent III,  Amber, Jess, Penny

Thoughtful flowers and cards from loving friends!  Thank you!
My Dad was a wonderful man.  He was loaded with talents.  He never thought so.  He was humble.  He lived the Gospel of Jesus Christ from the time he found it till the day he died.  He has been and will always be an example to me.
I love my Dad!

3 comments:

Becka said...

Very sweet post! I love you!

Sonja said...

I'm so glad you got to be with your whole family. It looks like your father had a very full life and that you got to celebrate it in a very special way. Love to you!

Roo Roo's Corner said...

Thank you both!!!!!!